OK – So we’re all inside for the next couple days. If we’re not careful, we can be extremely productive at cleaning closets and tending to projects we’ve been hoping to finish but totally miss out on making relational investments in our spouse and children. Here are a few questions that will make great conversation starters to redeem the time.
- What is your favorite family memory?
- What are you trusting God for right now?
- What is your favorite worship song?
- What do you daydream about?
- What is your favorite superhero/princess costume? Why?
- What do you want to be when you grow up? Why?
- What is your favorite part of school?
- What is one thing we can pray about as a family today?
- What is your favorite family tradition?
- If you could travel back in time, what event would you like to see?
A few other fun ideas might be:
- Play your favorite songs from when you were a kid.
- Share your salvation stories with each other.
- Parents, share how you met with your children.
- Look at old photo albums.
- Break out the old fashioned board and card games.
Hopefully these questions and ideas will strengthen your family relationships while you wait for the ice and snow to melt.