For the past few weeks at Apex Baptist Church we have been studying how to live as a sojourner. A sojourner is an outsider, a foreigner, or a temporary resident. We have realized that true believers in Jesus Christ are sojourners in this world and the Kingdom of God becomes their permanent, eternal home. This creates many challenges as we live alongside those who do not have a “Kingdom first” worldview.
If you have missed a Sunday in this series, check out the archived video sermons.
Throughout the series, we have been giving away different resources for further study. If you were not able to grab one on Sunday, here are some links to the resources.
- ONWARD – by Russell Moore.
- CULTURE SHOCK – by Chip Ingram
- GOOD FAITH – by David Kinsman and Gabe Lyons
- COUNTER CULTURE – by David Platt
- THE GOSPEL AND RACIAL RECONCILIATION (The Gospel for Life Series) – edited by Russell Moore and Andrew Walker
- UNDER OUR SKIN – by Benjamin Watson
- One Nation Under God – by Bruce Ashford
Other recommended books relating to these subjects would be:
- ONENESS EMBRACED – by Tony Evans
- WE CANNOT BE SILENT – Albert Mohler
- GOD AND POLITICS – Mark Dever
- THE GOSPEL AND RELIGIOUS LIBERTY (The Gospel for Life Series) – edited by Russell Moore and Andrew Walker
- THE GOSPEL AND SAME-SEX MARRIAGE (The Gospel for Life Series) – edited by Russell Moore and Andrew Walker